I have been loving a bunch of tech/progressive trance and decided its time for a nice mix using some of the tunes. I know there is some disagreement about the term, which I guess is closer to the techno category. Especially the tunes by Carlo Ruetz.
Either way its a good mix breaking into some classic trance by the end. The title of the mix is parts of the playlist, and the start is a long lost tune found after listening to one of the very first live mixes I did in Manchester. Roots is a killer start to a mix and sets the vibe perfectly. Reminds me how much I like Tomcraft actually.
Hosted again on Mixcloud but unlike the last one, hopefully it won’t fall foul of the mixcloud rules over using the same artist too many times. (note to say I have got a new self-hosted platform but anonymous web access isn’t ideal)
Enjoy the mix and here is the complete playlist.
- Roots – Tomcraft
- Trick – Carlo Ruetz
- Percussive thinking (Meat Katie & Elite force remix) – Frome
- Kubrick (Extended mix) – Jerome Isma-Ae
- Rheninkraft – Oliver Klien
- System hack – Carlo Ruetz
- Running up the hill (Jerome Isma-Ae bootleg) – Placebo
- Opium (Stan Kolev remix) – Jerome Isma-Ae & Alastor
- Sequence (Extended mix) – Estiva
- Floyd (Extended mix) – Jerome Isma-Ae & Alastor
- Outlaw (Extended mix) – Fatum
- Tears (Protoculture remix) – Dakota
Update: Feb 28th 2021
As I thought, without the Mixcloud restrictions mentioned above, this mix has made it to the 95th place in the Tech trance chart.
Very tempted to see what happens if I rename the playlist for Pattersons pandemic run.