I'm slowly catching up with some of the podcasts I was able to download at the frustrating speed I've recently had. I wanted to give a special mention to a excellent Stack Over Flow show which is a podcast by Jeff Atwood and Joel Spolsky.
Late in the podcast both of them just run through books which should be read or even owned. And there are some classics in the list.
Don't have time to listen to all that jibba-jabba? Here is Joel's short list:
- Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams
- Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
- The Non-Designer's Design Book
- Facts and Fallacies of Software Engineering
- Secrets of Consulting: A Guide to Giving and Getting Advice Successfully
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- How to Win Friends & Influence People
If you don't like the rambling podcast style, there's also a public transcript with more books that you can shake a tree at.