I had the absolute joy to see Laurent Garnier at the Manchester International festival recently (July 2021). During his video there was lots of references to different things in his career including Manchester and also Berlin. There was a distinct moment when I turned to my sister and whispered, I have been to many clubs in Berlin during the first 15 years of the fall of the Berlin wall, but Tresor scared me and I never went because of the fear. I had heard too many stories of this hard techno/gabba club and the crazy things which could happen in the darkness of the disused bank vaults. Do I regret not going? A bit, but it was genuinely a little scary especially with me not speaking German. Maybe this is why Victoria resonated with me. Its certainly a stronger almost techno mix with no let up in pace and heavy beats. Look out for the Acid Trax! Its a classic killer! Imagine dancing in a vault in the dark to the raw sounds of the TB 303!
- Acid drops – Meanwhile, back in communist Russia
- M.I.L.F – Laurent Garnier
- Trick – Carlo Ruetz
- Opium – Jerome Isma-Ae & Alastor
- Beat (Da Boxx) – Laurent Garnier
- Energy Flash – Joey Beltram
- Acid Trax (album version) – Phuture
- System hack – Carlo Ruetz
- Intruder – Armin van Buuren vs M.I.K.E
- Shnorkel – Miki Latvak & Ido Ophir
- Pǝsnɟuoɔ (Confused) – Laurent Garnier
- Rheinkraft – Oliver Klein
- Subrasumstimulation (Johnson mix) – Oliver Lieb
- Interstate Emperors – Jeffed
Its been a while but getting some good responses to this mix.