I played this game yesterday night at a party and thought it was worth writing up because I couldn’t find it anywhere. I’ll have to credit either Mike, Karolina, Steve or Sharon for the party game.
The game works like this…
- Everybody sits in a circle with their mobile phones. One player (the loser from the last round) picks a film from imdb.com. announces the film title and year to the circle.
- Everybody else types the predicted imdb rating of the film announced into their calculator app or write it down on paper.
- Once everybody (except the player who announced the film) is done, rating predictions are revealed to everybody around the group
- Highest and lowest are noted and the player who announced the film reads out the actual imdb rating.
- The player with the furthest rating from the imdb rating loses and needs to drink a shot of vodka. The loosing player then goes on to pick the next film in the next round.
- Cheating by looking up the imdb rating is punishable by a double shot of vodka.
- Players can challenge the player who announced the film title if its too obscure. That player must read out a description and the top actors in the film. If nobody recognises the top actors, another film must be picked.
- If there is a draw of any kind, the players in the draw have to guess the rating of a sequel or prequel. If there is no such thing, a related film must be found.
- While people choose their rating, the film picker can read out the first public review, a quote or piece of trivia. Film covers can be shown of theme music played.
- Vodka can be substituted for any other spirit or any other forfeit