Online site reviews wrote a piece titled, 4 truths about online dating you have to accept. It well worth reading and the basic list is …
- Eventually you will run into someone you know.
- You will be ghosted.
- Photos will lie.
- A 99% match could be meaningless.
I tend to agree but I would add…
- You will be misunderstood and even blocked, for something which seems trivial
It happens, people misread something or misunderstand the context and before you know it, the response is frosty or returned with a block. This also leads to ghosting…
- You will be stood up
Dates… where do I even start, I could do a enviable sublist about this alone. Its going to happen, you will be stood up and theres no point getting angry about it, its part of single dating life.
- It will be attracted to somebody far away
You edit your filters to only include people so far away and then somebody you think is local pops up in the search. Maybe they are visiting friends, living locally for a short while or just about to leave the area. It will happen at some point, how you deal with it is the question.
- You will come across women doing gang signs or men with their tops off in photos
Self explanatory I think? Of course if you are a woman or a gay man, expect dick pics at some point too…