Escape Magazine seems to have almost no history or mention. There’s my blog post written in April this year and the magforum which has this reference.
Short-lived title from Maxim publisher Dennis aiming to explore the World-Wide Web. The first issue was withdrawn for legal reasons. Jennifer Aniston was on the cover.
Obayifo left a comment he had issue one, the one which was withdrawn. It must be worth a lot of money now? I could really do with issue one to complete my collection but then again I am selling my collection, if anyones interested?
Once again, I really do think Escape was a head of its time. It was .net magazine crossed with loaded or maxim. Its slant towards Internet culture was great. Yes it was a men’s magazine but beyond the front cover it had some very interesting articles. For example in issue 2 beyond the half naked cover of Sandra Bullock you had,
- Emails of the rich and famous
- Better that Sex?
- Skin up? (about Tattoos)
- Xmas Goodies
- Net Girls
- From Watchmen to Soul Men
- Your place or mine? (about swinging)
- I don’t need this pressure, Ron (Rob Atkinson vs Championship manager 2)
- Surfing for the board generation
- This man is sick (about a guy selling a very dodgy cdrom)
- Orgasmatron (interview with mike saenz, creator of Virtual Valerie)
Ok maybe thats not the best advert for the magazine… *smile*
Someone did point me to den of geek which I have to say is not quite as punchy as Escape’s writing staff but its not a bad substitute.
Now time to make a start on the rave flyers…