This week's podcast from those guys at This week in Media was a great review of the media landscape in 2006. The break points are these…
- The move to online video, the rise of YouTube, TV networks put shows on iPods and online, movies beginning to sell via digital download and podcasting grows.
- The new media economy. New models emerge for the monitzation of online media, changing distribution models, and the rise of those that will sue rather than change or lose control.
- Camera revolution – Red, Silicon Imaging, cheap HD with HDMI, dropping cost and the move to full digital heralding the death of actual film.
- HD-DVD and Blue-Ray DOA? Is there a future?
- Would you like to play a game? Did Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo lay the groundwork for the future of gaming and interactive media, or did they miss the power up?
Its almost a 2 hour podcast, but its worth every second in my view.