Yes my Toshiba Protege 3500 TabletPC is pretty much on its last legs when it comes to the CPU fan. It works but rubs against the sides making a nasty noise when the CPU is working. I'm not that bothered about selling it because Sarah could use it at home. But I can't even use it at work because of the noise it makes.
So whats my list of features?
- 12 or 13 inch screen size (which supports at least 1024×768)
- 512meg of memory min (upgradable to 2gig)
- at least 40 gigs of hard drive space (4800-5400 rpm, ideally SATA 150)
- at least 2 USB 2.0 ports
- 802.11 b/g Wireless
- Bluetooth 2.0
- at least a 1.4ghz Core Duo 2 processor
- SD reader (8 in one would be better)
- All this for less that £1000 and interest free credit for at least 6 months.
Currently on my list I have these laptops
- Lenovo X60s Core Duo 1.66GHz
- Apple 13inch Mac Book (Core Duo 2 2Ghz)
- Toshiba Portege M400 Core2Duo 1.83GHz
- Sony Vaio C1S/G Core 2 Duo
- Dell XPS M1210
There not perfect, but they give you an idea of what I like. Any other suggestions? And please no laughing about the fact I'm considering getting a bloody Mac Book. See I told you I was open minded on these things.
Technorati Tags: computer, coreduo, feature, laptop, notebook