Well first up, it wasn't a debate, it was a very long series of lectures. And to be fair lectures which were pretty much saying the same thing but not offering any real ways forward. There were some highlights to the day. Talking to Doug Richard was interesting and he had some thoughts about what backstage could be doing with Library House. Kevin Steele chief executive of Enterprise Insight, also put out a call to all community groups around London to get in touch with them, as they have money to fund your community. This event kicks off Enterprise week which has been running for about 4 years now, and there are many events happening around the country this week.
Anyway like the mashup day, I pretty much filmed every I could and have uploaded the results on to Blip.tv.
- Welcome from David Frost, Director of British Chambers of Commerce
- Professor Richard Scase (author of Global Remix) – Enterprise, Globalisation and the Individual
- Ministerial address by Ed Balls MP
- Nurturing ideas and talent by Philip Beadle
- Nurturing ideas and talent by Shaa Wasmund
- Nurturing ideas and talent by Lord Bilimoria
- Nurturing ideas and talent by Zoltan Acs
- Ministerial address by Margaret Hodge MBE MP
- Raising the currency of ideas with Doug Richard
- Why entrepreneurship works in the US by Zoltan Acs