Most people know the story behind Children; but if not…
Children is one of the most iconic tracks in the history of dance music.
It launched a new genre – “dream house” – and although that did not last long, the more melancholy, cerebral sound opened the door for trance music, which would come to dominate clubs in the late 1990s, going fully mainstream into the new millennium.
That sound was a very deliberate choice by Miles, whose real name was Roberto Concina.
Although Children was initially written in response to images of the child victims of the Balkans war as Yugoslavia tore itself apart, the track then took on a different life – and a different motivation. Miles wanted to make it big to help save the lives of clubbers.
So on a journey back from TOA Berlin, I decided to pick up one of my old and favourate mixes. Adding the old classic Children from 1995 (used the Tint remix) and nearly ending with a modern classic Ferry Corsten’s Anahera; which was the biggest trance tune of 2015.
20+ years of trance, incredible to think about.
Here’s the tracklisting and mix for your listening pleasure.
- Children (Tilts Courtyard Mix) – Robert Miles
- Shadow World (Original Mix) – Thomas Bronzwaer
- Resound (Original Mix) – Thomas Bronzwaer
- Intuition (Martin Roth Remix) – Marninx Pres. Ecco
- Amino Acids – Tau-Rine
- Body of conflict (Cosmic Gate Club mix) – Cosmic Gate
- The Evil ID – Max Graham
- The Labyrinth (Part One) – Moogwai
- Summer Melodies (Frequence Remix) – Frequence
- The Pride in Your Eyes (Martin Roth Remix) – Tillmann Uhrmacher
- Mass Noise 2015 – Fred Baker & Seb B
- We Are One (Instrumental Mix) – Dave 202
- Anahera (extended mix) – Ferry Corsten
- Grotesque (Alex MORPH and RAM mix) – RAM