Yeah I hate that title too but its worst than what I wrote… The full title is What it takes to get paid… and fund a lifestyle that makes everyone insanely jealous.
As I read the post recommended by Dave, not sure for ironic reasons or what. I pretty much hovered over the delete button but I did find a few things which I thought was actually interested.
“What you seek is seeking you” – Rumi
In other words… Imagine if what you really want, deep down – is actually seeking you out at the same time…
It’s a nice thought to hold as you go through tough times because it gives you faith to keep pushing through.
Ok I think this actually nice to remember and think about.
Designing your life so that everything is a pure delight to use
See the most exciting thing about lifestyle design for me, is treating the world like a giant smorgasbord of delicious options. You pick and choose the stuff that RESONATES with you the most. And discard the stuff that doesn’t vibe with you. I believe in making every single area of your life, from the time you open your eyes and wake up to the moment you go to sleep – an absolute DELIGHT to use.
I quite like this outlook, it makes it loud and clear you are somewhat in control of your own destiny. You need to design/craft your life. The choice about people, places, things and activities is quite key.
When I asked people what I should do in Japan, I included a list of conditions.
- I speak little or no Japanese, so best not recommend somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
- I’m also not so big into the traditional culture (don’t hate me, just being honest!) so you may want to limit the amount of shrines.
Indeed, only went to one.
- I love metropolis cities, so I’ll spend all day at markets and cafes soaking up the modern culture.
Oh and so I did!
- I’ll spend most of the time in Tokyo because theres so much to see…
I wasn’t wrong there!
- I also love modern art, manga, people watching, amazing architecture and great landscapes like Mount Fuji.
Certainly did a lot of these…
- Love theme parks! and amusements.
3 theme parks and lots of rides
- I don’t have a problem just wandering around suspect locations like the red light district in Amsterdam.
Well I did rub shoulders in Roppongi and Shibuya
- I’m going in mid April for 2 weeks, so it will be coldish and maybe wet
I was right at first then it got really hot, sometimes up to 29c!
- I will get a JR pass, so the trains should be fine
Well in theory yes, but I wasn’t prepared for the changing of
- I’m terrified of dying from eating fish, seafood, nuts, beans or peas. So don’t recommend a fish restaurant
- Actually if you can recommend places where they do lovely meat, I’ll be very happy (heard the Korean BBQ’s are perfect for me)
Enough said once again.
You can look at the list as restrictions on myself but I don’t see it that way, I see it as myself designing my holiday by removing the things which don’t resonate with me.
When I moved to another place when my airbnb screwed me over in the 2nd week. It was important to me, because I just knew it was going to upset my holiday and I wasn’t going to let that happen!